- Remove any PDF encryption with the free online tool freemypdf.com. What is especially good about this site is it reconstructed a reasonable xref section for the PDF file after I removed it as being part of the corruption problem. So freemypdf.com does some pdf repair...Still after this decryption/password removal step, the file would not open on its own :-(. Read here about the xref section of PDF files.
- Download PDF Stream Dumper and load the PDF file in the program from the "Load" Menu.
- Again from the Load Menu, choose "Run Plugin" and then "Object Browser".
- If pages are listed and then "Page Contents" you might be in luck. Click on each page content and copy the text to a Word or text file. Voila, you have your PDF's recovered text.
- Unfortunately, a lot of the words will be run together because of the peculiarities of pdf formattingand its removal here. You will have to do some serious spell checking to separate the words from your recovered text.
Saturday, May 12, 2012
How to Recover Text from Hopelessly Corrupt PDF Files
Kernel PDF File Repair. However since the subject of this blog is free and freeware resources for data recovery let me tell you how I found I could recover at least the text of the PDF for free:
at May 12, 2012
https://www.hasleo.com/win-data-recovery/free-data-recovery.html "Hasleo Data Recovery FreeV3.2 100% Free Data Recovery Software...
Typical error from a Word 2013 or before installation when loading a corrupt file This is a cross-post from an answer I made t...
The first error you'll see if you can't open a Word file due to corruption. DOCX format Microsoft Word 2007 and afterwards (as...
http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/datanumen-data-recovery/src=day "BAM! One minute, your crucially important file or folder was ...