Saturday, December 22, 2012

Fixing Autocomplete in Outlook - I had to fix my mother's Outlook 2007 autocomplete function yesterday. Apparently with Outlook 2007 the autocomplete file can have up to 2000 entries. With a Nirsoft Utility, NK2Edit, I confirmed that there were 2001. I removed 10 entries using the NK2Edit utility again and it started working anew.

From the link at the beginning of this post I understood I could create a small registry entry which expands the limit to whatever size you want. I increased my mother's file limit to 22,222 so the problem would not occur again.

The details of how to create this registry update are explained on the link. Suffice it to say that the registry limit has to specified with a hex number equivalent to what you are raising the threshold to, so be sure to find a hex to decimal converter online.

No comments:

Hasleo Data Recovery FreeV3.2 - Free as in Freeware - Permanently from Hasleo Software "Hasleo Data Recovery FreeV3.2 100% Free Data Recovery Software...