- Search for temporary, deleted or lost versions of your file with:
- The freeware Recuva, which is excellent.
- RecoverMyFiles is an excellent commercial program. Try the demo first.
html?abstradrome - Word Regenerator, as far I know this program works like the two above programs and is also commercial like RecoverMyFiles. Try the trial first from the link and if it works purchase it clicking on this Google shortened address because I get a referral fee :-): http://goo.gl/jgXEJ.
Default.htm?language=1 - PC Inspector File Repair may work like the three pieces of software above and is also freeware like Recuva. However it only works on doc, xls and ppt files not docx, xlsx or pptx.
- You can also find previous versions of your file by:
- Right clicking on the file in Explorer (or My Computer), choosing "Properties", then the "Previous versions" tab if you have it and finally clicking on a found earlier version of the file and the "Restore" button. If you have Vista Home Basic or Premium, you probably won't have this choice on your right click menu unless if you are using it in a school or business and the IT department has turn on the feature at the server. Sometimes they even turn on Previous Version Recovery for their XP Pro machines although I'm not sure the two pieces of freeware that follow would work the same way as the previous versions are probably store on the server.
- If you have Vista Home Basic or Premium the previous versions of the files might still be there as Restore Point snapshots on your hard drive and you can use the freeware Shadow Explorer, http://www.
shadowexplorer.com/, to find out.
- Also I just released a freeware program that also recovers previous versions from the same source as Shadow Explorer. You can get it here: http://sourceforge.net/
projects/vistaprevrsrcvr/. It might be easier to use than Shadow Explorer.
- If you are able to recover a temporary or deleted version of your file and that is corrupt too, you can send the file to me again or also try these commercial solutions with your temporary or deleted version of your file:
com/ - Use the coupon "S2SERVICES" without the quotes for a free recovery. Emil from Recoveronix is letting me use this code for free recovery for my customers until May 1, 2013.
word/ - Commercial software from Recoveronix again for recovery of corrupt files directly.
info.php?id=622&path=wordfix. html - WordFix, another piece of commercial software that works well for recovery of corrupt files directly.
product.html?productid= 300136781&stylefrom=300338460 - Kernel Recovery for Word is very effective.
redirect.jsp?contractId= 2326426&referrer=socrtwo - Recovery Toolbox for Word is also excellent.
- http://www.repairmyword.com/ - RepairMyWord is freeware that sometimes works for doc text recovery but not docx files.
projects/wordrecovery/ - S2 Services Word Recovery is my newest Word recovery freeware. It has a temporary versions file search feature as well as many other buttons which kick off Microsoft recommended strategy for recovering from Word doc or docx document corruption.
info/software/#17 - Savvy Corrupt DOCX Word Recovery, freeware for docx recovery.
info/software/#7 - Corrupt Office Salvager is freeware for doc and docx recovery (and all other major MS Office and Open Office file types).
info/software/#5 - Corrupt MS Office 2007/2010 Extractor works just with docx, xlsx and pptx files.
info/software/#4 - Corrupt DOCX Salvager. Freeware for docx recovery.
- Here is some additional advice that might help you recover previous version files or help you open them if you find them:
- If you have Word 2010, try looking at this article:http://www.makeuseof.
com/tag/recover-unsaved-ms- word-2010-document-seconds/# disqus_thread
word_repair.htm - free advice.
Monday, February 18, 2013
Blurb Including Advice I Give to User Who Send Me a Corrupt DOCX Files That I Can't Recover
I have a form where users can pay $22 with PayPal and send me a corrupt file such as a corrupt Word file. Here is the advice I give when I can't usefully recover anything from a DOCX file:
"Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the file you sent only has a small part that was recoverable. I'm refunding you $17, $5 is the fee I take for the analysis. What I was able to recover is attached.
All may not be lost though. My suggestion to you is to:
https://www.hasleo.com/win-data-recovery/free-data-recovery.html "Hasleo Data Recovery FreeV3.2 100% Free Data Recovery Software...
Typical error from a Word 2013 or before installation when loading a corrupt file This is a cross-post from an answer I made t...
The first error you'll see if you can't open a Word file due to corruption. DOCX format Microsoft Word 2007 and afterwards (as...
http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/datanumen-data-recovery/src=day "BAM! One minute, your crucially important file or folder was ...