" . . . Identifying a Corrupted Document
Corrupted documents often exhibit behavior that is not part of the program's design (for example, infinite repagination, incorrect document layout and formatting, unreadable characters on the screen, error messages during processing, system hangs or crashes when you load or view the file, or any other unusual behavior that cannot be attributed to the normal operation of the program). These behaviors can be caused by factors other than document corruption.
To rule out other factors, use the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check for similar behavior in other documents.
- Check for similar behavior in other programs.
- Take the file in question to another computer and attempt to duplicate the behavior.
- Use a different printer driver and attempt to duplicate the behavior.
- Rename any templates attached to the document and attempt to duplicate the behavior.
- Change other system components (such as video drivers or fonts) and attempt to duplicate the behavior. For example, if you are using an OEM version of a video driver, switch to a Microsoft Windows video driver using the Windows Setup program.
If the problem occurs only with a single document after performing the steps above, your document has probably been corrupted. . . . "
- Disable any third-party programs that are running (such as terminate- and-stay-resident programs [TSRs], font managers, screen savers, and system shells), then attempt to duplicate the behavior.
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Interesting Site of Free Advice on Word Corruption
http://www.dewassoc.com/support/bios/bios_password.htm "Unfortunately, access to computers can, at times, be blocked for all of t...
Typical error from a Word 2013 or before installation when loading a corrupt file This is a cross-post from an answer I made t...
The first error you'll see if you can't open a Word file due to corruption. DOCX format Microsoft Word 2007 and afterwards (as...
You can find this free tool in the Windows 8 App store. It's pretty neat. It would be used with corrupt Excel files that still can be o...