"Just follow these steps:Apparently this works for both opening and write protection for Word 2007 and 2010 DOCX files. But it is only effective for write protection for DOCX Word 2013 files. Apparently for write protection for any DOC or DOCX format files you can just Select All, then copy and then paste into a new file, and there is no longer any copy protection.
- Rename the extension name of the document to ZIP, like as a ZIP compressed file.
- Double click it and open it in Windows Explorer, navigate to Word folder.
- Delete the Settings.xml file from the folder. And then close the Window.
- Rename back to DOCX file.
- And done. Next time when you open the same document, you will not be prompted by the password window."
Saturday, July 27, 2013
Removing Opening and Write Protection from Word DOCX 2007 - 2013 Format Files
http://www.dewassoc.com/support/bios/bios_password.htm "Unfortunately, access to computers can, at times, be blocked for all of t...
Typical error from a Word 2013 or before installation when loading a corrupt file This is a cross-post from an answer I made t...
The first error you'll see if you can't open a Word file due to corruption. DOCX format Microsoft Word 2007 and afterwards (as...
You can find this free tool in the Windows 8 App store. It's pretty neat. It would be used with corrupt Excel files that still can be o...