Friday, April 18, 2014

Last Post for Awhile May Be On Heartbleed - My Recommendation is to Cancel Credit Cards You Used on the Internet in the Past

Just to make my self much more likely to be immune, I have canceled my two credit/debit cards that I used for transactions on the Internet and requested new numbers. My suggestion is for you to do the same. You might also change the payment type that you use for major accounts like Amazon, to one where they debit your bank account directly.

I have noticed recently that many companies are notifying me that they are erasing my credit card information when I request to reset my password. THat is a great step forward in security. If there is a subsequent Heartbleed breakin, your card number then will no longer be vulnerable. However if there was a break-in before the reset request, you may still be in a pickle.

No comments:

Removing a Bios - CMOS Password - Free Article

http://www.dewassoc.com/support/bios/bios_password.htm "Unfortunately, access to computers can, at times, be blocked for all of t...