Saturday, September 13, 2014

Very Nice DIY Recovery Video of Hard Disk Crash - You May not Need a Clean Room or Hood After All



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Y7BniaRXg
"Does your hard drive make a buzzing noise when you turn it on? Or does it make clicking noises or not spin up? Well, in this video I will show you how to fix this fairly common problem which is caused by the drive's heads getting stuck on the platters.

Want to be extra safe? You can build a clean air enclosure. Here's a video all about that:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPEa0Wc9iUc"

I thought you needed a clean room or hood before this video but apparently not. The presenter has made another video showing how make a homemade clean box. I actually tried this once with a cousin's hard drive. I failed but if I had seen this video and maybe spun the platters while parking the arm (if that was the problem) maybe I would have succeeded. I don't remember what the issue was.

No comments:

Removing a Bios - CMOS Password - Free Article

http://www.dewassoc.com/support/bios/bios_password.htm "Unfortunately, access to computers can, at times, be blocked for all of t...